Safe Riding Policies
To ensure the safety and comfort of all riders the following standards have been established while riding on JARC/CARTS:
- Exact fares or punch cards are required
- All passengers must remain seated and wear seat belts.
- Children under 40 lbs. and (4) four years of age must be in an approved child safety seat. CARTS does not provide these seats.
- Smoking, eating and drinking are not allowed.
- Open alcoholic containers, firearms, explosive materials and weapons are prohibited on vehicles.
- Rude, vulgar language or aggressive actions that are offensive to the driver or other riders will not be tolerated. You will be asked to leave the vehicle and suspended from JARC/CARTS.
- Children under the age of 12 need to be escorted by an adult unless arrangements have been made with the JARC/CARTS office.
- Packages transported by CARTS are limited to (3) three per passenger. You must be able to carry your packages. Packages cannot take up seating space. Extra packages will be charged a premium fare.
- Passengers wishing to cancel are required to call the CARTS office at least one hour before scheduled pickup time. Passengers that do not call will be logged in as a No Show.
- Any passenger accumulating (3) three No Shows will have service suspended for (1) one month.
- Passengers may appeal their No Shows with the Mobility Manager. If their appeal is denied the suspension may be reinstated by paying for the (3) No Shows and a $5.00 reinstatement fee.
- To increase our ability to serve you, your trip will be combined with other scheduled trips. In this manner CARTS is able to take more riders where they want to go.
- CARTS is not responsible for left behind, lost or stolen articles.